Friday, July 30, 2010

Jesus and Joni Mitchell


I recently found a challenging blog on Christian Spirituality called The Higher Calling. I especially enjoyed the article on Jesus, Joni Mitchell and Me. Joni Mitchell is originally from Saskatoon Saskatchewan and she was visiting a local restaurant one day when I was fortunate enough to get to say hello and my friend Garnet got her autograph. So she is kind of special to me... Read on:

I have changed so much since college that I didn’t know where to begin. But I didn’t want Madge to think that I had abandoned my faith, either. Because I haven’t. It’s just, well, different than when I was nineteen. So I responded with the only thing I could think of.

“Well, Madge, a lot has happened since college. But I can safely say that the two constants in my life since 1981 have been Jesus and Joni Mitchell.”

This made perfect sense to me, and I thought it would be somehow reassuring to Midge since she was also a big Joni fan then, and obviously a huge Jesus fan now. MORE...

I found the author's thoughts about how our faith in Jesus changes over the years to be interesting and challenging.
GHT


No comments:

Post a Comment