Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Celtic Prayer


Celtic Christianity has so many poignant things to say to us. Like this:
There is no plant in the ground
But is full of God’s virtue.
There is no form in the strand
But it is full of God’s blessing.
There is no life in the sea,
There is not creature in the river,
There is not in the firmament
But proclaims God’s goodness.

And this:

The rhythm of this incarnate life, the ebbs and flows, the twists and turns, the darkness and the light is the rhythm of Celtic prayer. It transforms our vision, stirs us to praise, and sets us out on the journey singing:

Be Thou my vision, O Lord of my heart
Naught be all else to me, save but Thou art,
Thou my best thought by day or by night
Waking or sleeping, Thy presence my light.


AMEN
GHT

No comments:

Post a Comment