Monday, March 31, 2014

Station 8 - Simon of Cyrene Helps Jesus Carry the Cross

As they led Jesus away, a man named Simon, who was from Cyrene, happened to be coming in from the countryside. The soldiers seized him and put the cross on him and made him carry it behind Jesus. (Luke 23:26 NLT)
So Jesus the pain and agony was too much for you to take and still drag that cross. No one could blame you really. Loss of blood, the beatings, the ongoing agonizing pain combined to leave you too weak to go on. So the soldiers grab an innocent bystander, an African from modern-day Libya and make him do the dirty work. So I guess, in a sense, I ought to identify with Simon of Cyrene since in my following in your steps I too will be “crucified with Christ.” But it's different between us Lord. You invite me to carry my cross and follow you you don't force me. And then you give me the strength to do it.
For all this and more I thank you so much. So I pray once more "We adore you Lord Jesus and we bless you, for by your very cross you have redeemed the world." Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment