Monday, March 31, 2014

Station 3 - Condemned by the Sanhedrin

STATION 3 - Jesus Condemned by Sanhedrin
Then the high priest stood up and said to Jesus, “Well, aren’t you going to answer these charges? What do you have to say for yourself?” But Jesus remained silent. Then the high priest said to him, “I demand in the name of the living God—tell us if you are the Messiah, the Son of God.” Jesus replied, “You have said it. And in the future you will see the Son of Man seated in the place of power at God’s right hand and coming on the clouds of heaven.” Then the high priest tore his clothing to show his horror and said, “Blasphemy! Why do we need other witnesses? You have all heard his blasphemy. What is your verdict?” “Guilty!” they shouted. “He deserves to die!” (Matthew 26:62-66 NLT)
Jesus - why do the religious leaders hate you so much? What did you do to offend them so deeply? The high priest tears his garments,because he cannot believe that this man standing before him is God-in-the-flesh. You try to reveal yourself but your accusers simply cannot - will not see. Lord Jesus, grant me the vision to see you for who you really are, in all your glory. Whatever preconceptions or limitations I have placed on you I lay at your feet. I too am somewhat 'religious' and I am sometimes tempted to make loving you into a duty. Forgive me. Help me never to miss your glory. So we pray with those who have made the Stations across the centuries and around the world: "We adore you Lord Jesus and we bless you, for by your very cross you have redeemed the world." In Your strong Name I pray. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment