Sunday, January 8, 2012

Praying the Battlefield Prayer


Timberview Nation -

I invite you to join me in praying the time-honored prayer written long ago by Arthur Bennett entitled "The Battlefield Prayer." It goes like this:

O LORD,
I bless You that the issue of the battle between yourself and Satan has never been uncertain, and will end in your victory.

Calvary broke the dragon’s head, and so I contend with a vanquished foe, who with all his subtlety and strength has already been overcome.

Whenever I feel the serpent at my heel may I remember Jesus - whose heel was bruised, but who, when bruised, crushed the devil’s head. So because Christ conquered the enemy I rejoice that He rules as the Lord of Hosts our Mighty Warrior.

So Lord I pray that you will
Heal me of any wounds received in the great conflict;
if I have been stained by sin,
if my faith has suffered damage,
if my hope is less than bright,
if my love is not fervent,
if some creature-comfort occupies my heart,
if my soul sinks under pressure of the fight.
Heal me I pray.

Lord, You alone are the One whose every promise is balm, and every touch life-giving.
Draw near to me, your weary warrior
Refresh me, that I may rise again to fight the good fight, and never tire until my enemy is trodden down.

Help me to stay so close to You that through your power I may overcome Satan, unbelief, the lust of the flesh and the lure of this world.

Give me a fresh drink from Your eternal fountain that lies in your unchanging and everlasting love and decree.

Then my hand will never weaken,
my feet will never stumble,
my sword will never rest,
my shield will never rust,
my helmet will never shatter,
my breastplate will never fall,
as my strength rests in the power of your might.
Amen!

Adapted by Glenn H.Teal

Now that you've read it -- please go back and PRAY it!
GHT

1 comment:

  1. Please let me know if you stopped by and used this prayer!

    ReplyDelete