Saturday, January 14, 2012

MLK Day Spokane


One year ago Spokane made national news. It wasn't good news. Some unknown racist had planted a homemade bomb along the route of the Martin Luther King Jr. Unity Parade. Ugh. The reputation of the Inland Northwest as a hotbed of racism got another unwanted boost.

So here we are one year later. I'm planning to join the crowds downtown Monday morning at 10 - just on principle. Just to add my voice to the thousands of others that are saying - not in my town. No racism here - at least not from me!

It seems to me that Christians throughout the area might be wise to put their faith into action and add their voices to the mix. Racial reconciliation isn't just on my heart - it is in the heart of my Heavenly Father!

Speak up - show up!
GHT

No comments:

Post a Comment