Monday, January 9, 2012

Breath Prayer


Timberview Nation,
I wrote this prayer for a special service early last year. It has stuck with me. I offer it here as a suggestion for our next step in this week of praying together.

Just now Lord Jesus I come humbly into your presence

I breathe out my sin and failure
I breathe in your forgiving grace

I breathe out my selfish words and ways
I breathe in your selfless love

I breathe out my cares and concerns
I breathe in the peace of God that passes all understanding.

I breathe out my doubts and fears
I breathe in fresh faith in Jesus in whose strength I can do all things.

I sit quietly before you Jesus -- the author and finisher of my salvation.
I sit in awe at your feet
I sit in wonder that the Creator of everything -- the Savior of the world -- the Guide and Comforter of his children is listening to me right now.

So I stand in wonder and awe before you
I stand on tiptoe with praise
I stand against the fiery darts of the evil one
I stand in your mighty strength
I stand in my position as a favored child of the Most High God

So in light of who You are
I breathe out my own striving and stressing
I breathe in your goodness and mercy

I breathe out my tension and turmoil
I breathe in your calming presence

I breathe out my obsession with everything I have done wrong
I breathe in complete confidence in everything you have done right

I sit quietly before you Jesus -- the Author and Finisher of my salvation.
I sit in awe and wonder of the Creator of everything -- the Savior of the world -- the Guide and Comforter of his children.

What a wonder You are.
Amen


I encourage you to try breathing in and out and sitting and standing as you pray through this prayer. I learned long ago that often when we pray posture helps!

With you on the journey.
GHT

No comments:

Post a Comment