Saturday, January 7, 2012

Beginning Our Week of Prayer - Sunday January 8, 2012


When you pray -- make your prayers focus on a changed life. Your own!

People who are learning to pray often get frustrated with prayer because it seems nothing ever changes. Maybe that’s because we aren’t praying for the right change. I’ve noticed that many times the vast majority of our prayers are for God to change our circumstances. Maybe God doesn’t want to change our circumstances. Maybe he wants to change us.

That doesn’t mean he won’t ever change our circumstances. I’ve seen God supply needs, open opportunities, and heal people in incredible ways. But I’ve also spent years praying for somethings to change the never have. I guess that should have been my first clue that I might not have been praying for the right things.

So as we enter into this new week of prayer at Timberview - it is important not to make prayer into a complaint session because the things we hoped would change have not yet. Instead let's see this as an incredible opportunity to gain the wisdom, direction, and power of the King of kings who rules all time and places.

Not my brother - not my sister - but it's me O Lord
Standin' in the need of prayer

Lord before I pray for anyone and anything else change me!
GHT

No comments:

Post a Comment