Friday, August 27, 2010

Timberview Church -- Our Identity


Timberview -- A dynamic Free Methodist congregation

Timeless Foundation
2 Timothy 3:16 All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching rebuking correction and training in righteousness

Innovative Creativity
Genesis 1:1 In the beginning God created…

Missional Mindset
John 20:21 “As the Father has sent me, so I send you.”

Building Community
Romans 12:5 So in Christ we who are many form one body, and each member belongs to all the others.

Extending Grace
Luke 19:10 “For the Son of Man came to seek and save what was lost.”

Resourcing Families
"Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these.

Visionary Leadership
Romans 12:8 If God has given you leadership ability, take the responsibility seriously.

Incarnational Service
John 13:14 “Since I, the Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet, you ought to was each other’s feet.”

Enthusiastic Worship
Psalm 71:23 My lips will shout for joy when I sing praise to you…

Worldwide Mission
Acts 1:8 …tell people about me everywhere – in Jerusalem, throughout Judea, in Samaria and to the ends of the earth.


I like the way the combination of all these elements defines who we are as a church.
GHT

No comments:

Post a Comment