Friday, April 4, 2014

Station 13 - Jesus Dies

Station 13 - Jesus Dies
By this time it was noon, and darkness fell across the whole land until three o’clock. The light from the sun was gone. And suddenly, the curtain in the sanctuary of the Temple was torn down the middle. Then Jesus shouted, “Father, I entrust my spirit into your hands!” And with those words he breathed his last. When the Roman officer overseeing the execution saw what had happened, he worshiped God and said, “Surely this man was innocent.” (Luke 23:44-47 NLT)
It had been almost six hours now. Jesus has been hanging in the searing afternoon sun long enough for the cross to do its horrific work. The hour has come. The prisoner has no strength left. None. His legs and arms are now useless and there is no way he can no longer catch oven - one - more - breath. So with one last gasp he tells his Father he is coming. He gasps and breathes his last and his head drops and his life is gone…
Lord Jesus - my Savior - who by your sacrifice provided the one full perfect payment for the sins of the world - I am in awe of the price you paid for my sins. I will never be able to repay you. Except with my love. When I see the cross I cannot help but love you back! "We adore you Lord Jesus and we bless you, for by your very cross you have redeemed the world." Amen.

2 comments: