Tuesday, December 6, 2011

I Love Advent!


I love Advent. I love the Advent wreath. I love the Advent calendar (especially if it’s chocolate). I really love the music. ...I’m humming Handel’s Messiah while I’m writing this. But most of all I love the hopefulness of it.

This time of year, we’re preparing for the end of the term and hoping for a positive outcome. We’re preparing for holiday celebrations and shopping, hoping our selections are appreciated. After the preparation of Advent, we get the joys of Christmas. And it does comfort me, after this month of preparation and hope to get to celebrate the miraculous birth at the end. Just like after our lives of preparation and hope we get to celebrate our miraculous birth to ever-lasting life.

From Creighton University Daily Reflections.

I love advent too!
GHT

No comments:

Post a Comment